Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
After updating to iOS 17.4 my AirPods out of nowhere didn't connect. No biggie I'll just unpair them, then repair them right? Except that didn't work. No amount of opening the case and holding the back button on the case worked. They kept saying something like "Not your AirPods", then showing the connection screen, telling me to hold the back button, but they never connected.

What the issue was was they were in limbo, they were still in Find My but not associated with my account after unpairing.

SOLUTION: I had to go into FindMy where they were still listed as a device, remove them there, then re-pair them by opening them near the phone, holding the back button, and then they worked just fine.

MacConvert2007

macrumors member
May 23, 2007
I have the same problem. I'm running Ventura 13.2.1. And I just updated my iphone to iOS 17.4. I have first generation Air Pods Pro that are about two years old but they stopped working/connecting. When I go into FindMy the air pods aren't listed there as a device. When I open the air pods case near the phone nothing happens. A couple weeks ago everything worked fine.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.