Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Just wondering if there's a screen protector that's more recommended for when you're going to be doing a lot of reading on your device.

alex2131

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2010
Just wondering if there's a screen protector that's more recommended for when you're going to be doing a lot of reading on your device.
while there are some screen protectors for phones that help protect your eyes I’m not sure they come for tablets, at least I haven’t seen them yet. That leaves you with standard options like tempered glass or matte, they come from the very cheap at eBay to the very expensive from famous brands. One thing you should considered is how are you using the iPad, eg; just reading or do you also use it for note taking, journaling and or drawing in which case you should consider a screen protector like ‘Paperlike” this is perhaps the best out there for all pencil kind of use. This comes with a ‘but’ , with this type of screen you’ll loose the pretty sharpness of your screen. Not that much but noticeable... “Paperlike” is a brand but you can find cheaper versions of similar texture but I (by experience) wouldn’t recommend the cheaper ones.
BTW I have no relation with the mentioned brand, just a happy user ;)

The difference of writing with this screen protector than the others or with none at all is huge. Your writing and drawings will be lot more precise...

Last edited:
Reactions: ssledoux

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
while there are some screen protectors for phones that help protect your eyes I’m not sure they come for tablets, at least I haven’t seen them yet. That leaves you with standard options like tempered glass or matte, they come from the very cheap at eBay to the very expensive from famous brands. One thing you should considered is how are you using the iPad, eg; just reading or do you also use it for note taking, journaling and or drawing in which case you should consider a screen protector like ‘Paperlike” this is perhaps the best out there for all pencil kind of use. This comes with a ‘but’ , with this type of screen you’ll loose the pretty sharpness of your screen. Not that much but noticeable... “Paperlike” is a brand but you can find cheaper versions of similar texture but I (by experience) wouldn’t recommend the cheaper ones.
BTW I have no relation with the mentioned brand, just a happy user ;)

The difference of writing with this screen protector than the others or with none at all is huge. Your writing and drawings will be lot more precise...

I have a paper like one on my iPP, and I really like it. No comparison for the writing for sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.