Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blahbrah

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2006
As the 5S order season approaches I just wanted to let all of you know about my horror story with the 4S with Sprint.

I preordered the phone the evening it was available and was happy to have it shipped to my house.
Friday rolls by and I check online to see if the phone arrived. UPS said it was dropped off so I call home to see if they rang. My friend confirms he's been home working and the phone never showed up. In fact the UPS truck never showed up either.

I, still jovial, call over to UPS just to clear it up and see what's going on. I get informed that according to their records the phone was delivered, but if it's missing I should call Sprint to get a replacement if it's not there.

I call over to Sprint and Sprint informs me to call UPS to file for a replacement.

I tell UPS this and they again tell me Sprint should have the device insured so Sprint has to authorize the replacement.

Sprint once again says that it's on UPS to replace the phone at which point I request a refund to which the person agrees to and assures me will go through.

A week later I check my credit card and the charge remains. I call up Sprint to check on the status to find out that the refund was denied since UPS said the phone was delivered.

Finally after 3 managers shouting at me that "it's not Sprint's responsibility to replace the phone" I file a complaint and Sprint finally complies and admits I never got the phone.

TL;DR Company losing massive numbers of subscribers has crummy customer service

jeffe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
As the 5S order season approaches I just wanted to let all of you know about my horror story with the 4S with Sprint.

I preordered the phone the evening it was available and was happy to have it shipped to my house.
Friday rolls by and I check online to see if the phone arrived. UPS said it was dropped off so I call home to see if they rang. My friend confirms he's been home working and the phone never showed up. In fact the UPS truck never showed up either.

I, still jovial, call over to UPS just to clear it up and see what's going on. I get informed that according to their records the phone was delivered, but if it's missing I should call Sprint to get a replacement if it's not there.

I call over to Sprint and Sprint informs me to call UPS to file for a replacement.

I tell UPS this and they again tell me Sprint should have the device insured so Sprint has to authorize the replacement.

Sprint once again says that it's on UPS to replace the phone at which point I request a refund to which the person agrees to and assures me will go through.

A week later I check my credit card and the charge remains. I call up Sprint to check on the status to find out that the refund was denied since UPS said the phone was delivered.

Finally after 3 managers shouting at me that "it's not Sprint's responsibility to replace the phone" I file a complaint and Sprint finally complies and admits I never got the phone.

TL;DR Company losing massive numbers of subscribers has crummy customer service

Seems like bad luck. I've had nothing but positive experiences with Sprint's customer service.

IIRC, both Sprint's inventory and fulfillment is outsourced to UPS.

burnout8488

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2011
Endwell, NY
Their customer service is fine. Everyone did what they were supposed to do based on the information they had. UPS screwed up, not Sprint.

Hope this thread gets locked, your title isn't what people need to be seeing the day before the 5S launch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.