Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joker93sas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2021
Hello guys !!! I. Have had iphone 12 mini since the launch day and i am very happy amd satisfied with it not jailbroken or any modified softwares but i download a lot of files from browser to the file manager like movies music etc.. proceeding sometimes to suspecious sites do u think these are harmfull to my security or iphone is really secure against downloaing feom many random sites on file manager ? What the really things that can threat apple security ?

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Anything can theoretically be vulnerable but if you keep up with software updates I wouldn’t worry on an iOS device. If you’re worried, reboot. Most exploits that’ve existed for iOS don’t persist a reboot

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
An iPhone can definitely be infected with malware if a malicious file is downloaded from the Internet - masked as something else.
That's why opening up email attachments from unknown senders is a no no.
While an iOS device is more protected from malware than a Windows PC, it's definitely not invulnerable.
But the risk for iOS is still low if the websites you're visiting are legit.
One bad habit everyone should avoid is clicking on links in forums (like this one). They could easily be booby trapped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.