Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VII7FROG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2016
I accidentally deleted something in ifile now 90% of my system apps are go e.g safari ,settings. i have checked the ifile trash and its empty. Anyway to recover it without formatting and re-jail breaking?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I accidentally deleted something in ifile now 90% of my system apps are go e.g safari ,settings. i have checked the ifile trash and its empty. Anyway to recover it without formatting and re-jail breaking?
If you deleted it and it's not in the trash, it's gone. If you have another jailbroken device you might be able to copy things back over but you'd have to verify every single files permissions.

As to "formatting" and re-jailbreaking you are assuming this is possible.

If you have a current device (iPhone 4S or newer) then restoring is going to force an update to iOS 9.2.1. Which does not have a jailbreak.

And before you ask, there is no way to restore to a specific version of iOS, there is no way to downgrade to a specific version of iOS.

Apple has to be digitally signing the version of iOS you want to go to in order for it to be restored to on your device. If Apple is not signing that version you cannot restore to it. And Apple is ONLY signing 9.2.1 right now.

You might have some luck in using Cydia Impactor but if you are on iOS 9 it does not have a very good success rate right now.

PS. I had to make my own assumptions here because you did not mention what device you have and what version of iOS you are on.

VII7FROG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2016
If you deleted it and it's not in the trash, it's gone. If you have another jailbroken device you might be able to copy things back over but you'd have to verify every single files permissions.

As to "formatting" and re-jailbreaking you are assuming this is possible.

If you have a current device (iPhone 4S or newer) then restoring is going to force an update to iOS 9.2.1. Which does not have a jailbreak.

And before you ask, there is no way to restore to a specific version of iOS, there is no way to downgrade to a specific version of iOS.

Apple has to be digitally signing the version of iOS you want to go to in order for it to be restored to on your device. If Apple is not signing that version you cannot restore to it. And Apple is ONLY signing 9.2.1 right now.

You might have some luck in using Cydia Impactor but if you are on iOS 9 it does not have a very good success rate right now.

PS. I had to make my own assumptions here because you did not mention what device you have and what version of iOS you are on.
IOS 9.0 some apps are still on my device EG Cydia, iFile. is there anyway i could just re download the stock apps?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
IOS 9.0 some apps are still on my device EG Cydia, iFile. is there anyway i could just re download the stock apps?
Apple does not offer the stock apps in the App store because it's unnecessary to do so for stock iOS devices and that's the only device Apple will cater to.

So, unless someone has IPAs of stock apps somewhere (I wouldn't know) the answer to your question would be 'no'.

VII7FROG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2016
Apple does not offer the stock apps in the App store because it's unnecessary to do so for stock iOS devices and that's the only device Apple will cater to.

So, unless someone has IPAs of stock apps somewhere (I wouldn't know) the answer to your question would be 'no'.
The only appstore i have is Appcake any way of using that?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
My understanding of Appcake is that it allows you to fraudulently obtain apps and in-app purchases without having to pay for them. So, I wouldn't know anything about how it functions.

But if I did, discussing it with you would be a violation of the forum rules.

VII7FROG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2016
My understanding of Appcake is that it allows you to fraudulently obtain apps and in-app purchases without having to pay for them. So, I wouldn't know anything about how it functions.

But if I did, discussing it with you would be a violation of the forum rules.
Dont worry it fixed its self when i installed a tweak , Thanks man i really appreciate the help! Especially as your the only one that replied!

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hey!! What is the tweak that fixed it?!
You respawned a thread that is a year and a half old to ask this of a user who is still a newbie a year and a half later.

Want to place bets on them returning to answer your question?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.