Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bernie-Mac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Sin City, NV
Hey guys first id like to say i have used IFuntastic 2.0 and i love it but the first iphone update is out and i noticed with my iphone when i tried to update it it said there was an error, it couldnt update and i had to restore my entire phone and lost all my ringtones etc...anyone else have this problem?

jlwillia

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
wow Bernie, you need to read a little before starting a new thread. Read the first 10 replies in the Update thread and you would realize that EVERYONE that used iFuntastic had to do a restore.....

carman63

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2006
Hey guys first id like to say i have used IFuntastic 2.0 and i love it but the first iphone update is out and i noticed with my iphone when i tried to update it it said there was an error, it couldnt update and i had to restore my entire phone and lost all my ringtones etc...anyone else have this problem?

My upgrade tips, for future reference:

1. Don't do the update immediately upon its release - let others be the guinea pigs ;)
2. Try to read all the threads you can regarding those that have upgraded. Find out what problems they've had, and what's been done to resolve those problems.
3. Decide, based on 1 and 2, if the upgrade is something you REALLY need right now. Or can you wait for the next upgrade.

I only upgraded because I have 'heard' that some bluetooth-related issues (pairing to a car and keeping the connection) were resolved. I've modded my phone (ringtones only) and was fully aware that I'd have to do a complete restore of my phone.

But, with a little persistance with iFuntastic, I was able to get my ringtones back on the phone after the upgrade :)

YMMV, good luck, don't let the knee-jerk reactions of the "use the search function" Nazis get you down. Remember, they were all noobs at some point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.