Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I got a message I needed to plug my mouse in. Normally when I do that, it starts working pretty immediately, but today I’m 10 minutes in, and still nothing.

Current iMac, only a few months old.

Any ideas?

TwoH

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2019
I'd first recommend looking on the Bluetooth tab on System preferences - from there you'll be able to see if it's actually charging, and if so - if it actually has any charge. If you're getting nothing, perhaps plugging it into any of the other ports to see if you get any luck

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I'd first recommend looking on the Bluetooth tab on System preferences - from there you'll be able to see if it's actually charging, and if so - if it actually has any charge. If you're getting nothing, perhaps plugging it into any of the other ports to see if you get any luck

Thanks! When I went back and unplugged it, it worked, so maybe it just won’t allow me to do anything while it’s charging. I was just trying to click to open my photos - obviously couldn’t put it down with the charger in.

TwoH

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2019
Thanks! When I went back and unplugged it, it worked, so maybe it just won’t allow me to do anything while it’s charging. I was just trying to click to open my photos - obviously couldn’t put it down with the charger in.
Ah yes. When the mouse is charging, it disables and can't be used until it's unplugged!

Reactions: ssledoux
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.