Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mercury7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2007
I know this does not answer your question but wanted to tell you that I contacted imaingo speakers and they are releasing a touch version of this at the first of the year. The old one of these got excellent reviews, ilounge did'nt like them but I think they must have gotten a bad one because all the other reviewers raved about the sound quality and were comparing them to 300 dollar systems. it is 39.95 at target

N

natezire71

Original poster
Those are cool and all, but I wanted teh iHome because I needed some for home. I don't really share my music with my friends 'cause they all hate my music(lol). So, does anyone have these speakers?(iHome9)

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
I have the iH8 and can not see that much of a difference with the iH9. It works great with the Touch. I use it in the bedroom as an alarm clock. The pod and radio can be controlled by the remote.

The black unit look great with the Touch.

N

natezire71

Original poster
There isn't much of a difference, i just wanted teh latest thing. They are the same price and I might as well get the H9. I am thinking about getting white. I will most likely end up getting black. Thanks for your help:D

Jayhawk85

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2007
Jackson, Mississippi
I have the iH9

I just got the iH9 in black for my iPhone. It works great, and I think looks a lot nicer than the iH8. I get some GSM interference from the phone, but its still good sound. I don't think there is any speaker dock out there that can completely block GSM. But it's a great clock radio, and I'd recommend it.

N

natezire71

Original poster
THANKS SO MUCH!! Thats teh kind of answer I was looking for. I have one question though. Does the remote control the iPhone? I know its supposed to control the iPod, but being a different type of interface than a regular iPod, I wasn't to sure.

iJiten

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2007
I was planning on get the iHome too, but I have a question regarding it. Does your iPod have to stay on all night in order for it to be your alarm or does it turn automatically?

N

natezire71

Original poster
Thats cool and all...but it doesn't help...does the remote control the iPhone/touch?

Jayhawk85

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2007
Jackson, Mississippi
remote control

Yes the remote does control the iPhone. BUT the iPhone has to be awake. So if you push the sleep button to lock the phone the remote won't control the iPhone. I usually have the auto sleep feature turned off so this isn't a big deal. It is really handy to be able to pick a different album or podcast from the remote, and the iPhone screen is big and bright enough to be seen across the room. Hope that answers your question.

Jayhawk85

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2007
Jackson, Mississippi
auto on

and it will automatically turn on your iPod/iPhone when the alarm goes off. If you turn on the alarm but don't plug in your iPod it uses the buzzer instead. Smart choice by iHome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.