Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simply_sami

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2016
I was wondering why do Apple bother sending her a iPhone X to unbox or review? You might as well ask the cat.

You have other good youtubers like unbox therapy and others who don’t get a review version yet ijustine somehow manages to get one when she’s irrelevant when it comes to talking tech or reviewing it.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I was wondering why do Apple bother sending her a iPhone X to unbox or review? You might as well ask the cat.

You have other good youtubers like unbox therapy and others who don’t get a review version yet ijustine somehow manages to get one when she’s irrelevant when it comes to talking tech or reviewing it.

Unbox therapy who hates Apple and always has an agenda when it comes to anything that’s expensive? Yeah I think not

Ijustine is a very good YouTuber who reviews android devices as well and gives a fair view. She just loves Apple products

haqsha23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2017
Mississauga
Unbox therapy who hates Apple and always has an agenda when it comes to anything that’s expensive? Yeah I think not
I've noticed this as well, he hates on anything expensive saying there's a million things cheaper that do just as good a job or even better. I've never seen him positively review an Apple device, yet he's always crying about not being invited to any Apple events or getting products to review lol. Not the brightest bulb in the shed.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Very good at her job and hardly bad to look at. In fact she is a very pretty lady, she gets people interested in a range of things not just tech.

She does review the big hitters on android too but her main subject is Apple related products. It’s her first love!

simply_sami

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2016

Ijustine is a very good YouTuber who reviews android devices as well and gives a fair view. She just loves Apple products

Ok everythingapplepro then?

Surely he can’t hate Apple. Unboxtherapy is usually critical of everything. Which is refreshing then listening to yes people like MKHD and ijustine. I rather listen to someone who is saying what they truly feel then someone just hyping it up. If you tell someone to review the product they need to be honest about it.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Apple targets Gen Z because that's where they can get the most lifetime value of a customer.

Similar to the way Coca-Cola promotes a lifetime of drinking Coke by sponsoring Disneyland.

It's not about 50 year old tech geeks who are reminiscing about how iPhone 5 was the perfect form factor.

Apple is about connecting with the brand, not specs. iJustine can connect with her audience.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008

Hahaha "good"? I think not! The absolute worst youtuber on the planet. That man will say anything for views. He's a **** show.

MKHD and iJustine are also Apple suck ups. iJustine used to be half decent but her channel is just a suck up to Apple. It's absurd.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Ok everythingapplepro then?

Surely he can’t hate Apple. Unboxtherapy is usually critical of everything. Which is refreshing then listening to yes people like MKHD and ijustine. I rather listen to someone who is saying what they truly feel then someone just hyping it up. If you tell someone to review the product they need to be honest about it.

Would never tell you or anybody what to like but don’t like him personally. Obviously many love him Hense why he has what like 10 million subscribers but to me he’s too negative for my liking and is obsessed with budget android devices. Think he’s boring to listen to.

Not sure why everythingapplepro doesn’t get them bit took ijustine many years to get invited to the keynotes and now phones

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2017
Unbox therapy tried to ruin the iPhone 6, he created bendgate and he could have ruined Apple, he isn’t a good tech reviewer when it comes to Apple, all he does is moan about them, ijustine shows a lot of positivity and fun in her reviews while telling the truth and that’s why Apple send her an iPhone to review.

simply_sami

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2016
Would never tell you or anybody what to like but don’t like him personally. Obviously many love him Hense why he has what like 10 million subscribers but to me he’s too negative for my liking and is obsessed with budget android devices. Think he’s boring to listen to.

Not sure why everythingapplepro doesn’t get them bit took ijustine many years to get invited to the keynotes and now phones

You have to remember a lot of his audience is from India. Which is mainly where these budget android phones thrive because I’d be honest he needs to unbox other stuff. But I don’t think he’s a fanboy of anything. Last year he was being called a Apple fanboy because he brought out a vid saying don’t buy the Note 8. He was critical also of Apple releasing the iPhone 8 last year, which for many seemed a pointless release.

MKHD along with ijustine is the biggest suck up going. His interview with Elon Musk proves that.

But at the end of the day you want people who are going to be critical and not biased reviewing this stuff otherwise you may as well call it advertising.

acarney

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2007
Hasn't iJustine been around forever? If I recall, I think she's had iPhone since the first one was released... and I'm fairly certain her content is really pretty family friendly. I suspect she ticks a nice demographic box for Apple on younger people and maybe even a strong female audience. They know their brand will be safe with her and probably look at it as a more casual "learning style" review rather than a hard hitting tech talk.

simply_sami

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2016
Hasn't iJustine been around forever? If I recall, I think she's had iPhone since the first one was released... and I'm fairly certain her content is really pretty family friendly. I suspect she ticks a nice demographic box for Apple on younger people and maybe even a strong female audience. They know their brand will be safe with her and probably look at it as a more casual "learning style" review rather than a hard hitting tech talk.

I don’t think having the iPhone since first release should be some barometer. I’m sure there’s thousands on here who can say they bought every iPhone.

The issue I have is she offers nothing constructive and is the ultimate arse kisser. Reviews should always be subjective. Her reviews are just marketing, which doesn’t sit right with me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.