Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
So I'm curious, for those of us having bought a new mac recently do we get chance to 'upgrade' from '05 to '06 for a reduced price, or are we obliged to buy the full suite again? Just remember seeing these little 'iLife 05 + OS X' vouchers in my box yesterday. It's a thought if nothing else.

emaja

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL
LastLine said:
So I'm curious, for those of us having bought a new mac recently do we get chance to 'upgrade' from '05 to '06 for a reduced price, or are we obliged to buy the full suite again? Just remember seeing these little 'iLife 05 + OS X' vouchers in my box yesterday. It's a thought if nothing else.

You have to buy the whole suite again.

Apple has never offered upgrades like that. Unlike other companies, they do charge fairly for new annual versions.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
emaja said:
You have to buy the whole suite again.

Apple has never offered upgrades like that. Unlike other companies, they do charge fairly for new annual versions.
Not to worry. Just been trying to figure out what these silly little vouchers are for :) lol

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
LastLine said:
Not to worry. Just been trying to figure out what these silly little vouchers are for :) lol

In some very rare circumstances they can be used to upgrade via an up-to-date program. It's normally only for people who buy machines AFTER the new software is released. Sometimes it can be 14 days before.

Armaggideon

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2004
Shumen, Bulgaria
Well, I was just wondering whether my new work iMac G5, purchased only last week, would qualify for a free iLife '06 upgrade. I know Apple have offered similar upgrades in the past but haven't found anything on their website yet:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.