Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macneubie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
For those who purchased the their Lion macs within the qualifying period and upgraded FOC to their ML (using clean install), will find their iLife (iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand) missing.

Fret not, problem can be solved either by restoring from TM or writing to Apple Support, which they will issue you with three codes to redeem from Mac App Store. Just provide your machine serial numbers and they will verify on their end, and within few days they'll give u the codes.

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
I'm still trying to figure out why I didn't have this problem. I bought a brand new 13" MBP with Lion, got the free upgrade to ML, upgraded, and on first launch, iMovie, iPhoto, and GarageBand were all there under my 'purchased' tab. Due to a horrific internet connection, I'm STILL downloading them! (over a week now).

rrm998

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2012
Houston, TX USA
For those who purchased the their Lion macs within the qualifying period and upgraded FOC to their ML (using clean install), will find their iLife (iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand) missing.

Fret not, problem can be solved either by restoring from TM or writing to Apple Support, which they will issue you with three codes to redeem from Mac App Store. Just provide your machine serial numbers and they will verify on their end, and within few days they'll give u the codes.

I'm currently emailing Apple Support on this but so far they are just giving me basic instructions on how to log into the App Store.

Hopefully they will reach the point of providing the codes here at some point

macneubie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
I'm still trying to figure out why I didn't have this problem. I bought a brand new 13" MBP with Lion, got the free upgrade to ML, upgraded, and on first launch, iMovie, iPhoto, and GarageBand were all there under my 'purchased' tab. Due to a horrific internet connection, I'm STILL downloading them! (over a week now).

if you are upgrading over Lion without erasing the entire hard drive before installing ML, you won't have this problem.

this only applies to those who flush out their entire drive and realized iLife is missing.

----------

I'm currently emailing Apple Support on this but so far they are just giving me basic instructions on how to log into the App Store.

Hopefully they will reach the point of providing the codes here at some point

Yes, that is expected, as they'll execute a series of prechecks to ascertain iLife was indeed missing within the system before issuing 3 new codes for redemption.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.