Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
I'll by the Watch the moment it is released. I'm letting all my family know that for my birthday (in December) and for Christmas to forget the ties and coffee mugs, etc. Just give me an Apple Store gift certificate!

Squid7085

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Waterproof I agree with, camera is just silly. Put more battery in that space. I don't understand the want to add a camera that will be sub-par to the one on the iPhone. The purpose, at least currently, is for these devices to be companions, not replace the other perfectly capable device in your pocket.

I almost think they packed too much in it already, being able to view photos for example is just silly.

Kiju

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2010
When :apple:Pay is something I can use at most stores in Canada.

When I can buy a lock for my home that I can unlock with my watch.

When more fitness trackers and sensors are implemented.

When the price goes down. :rolleyes:

When I can use it as a wristband for a festival.

When it's not tethered to my phone.

All of which I think will happen with time. I see a lot of potential for this product.

kick2head

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
When :apple:Pay is something I can use at most stores in Canada.

When I can buy a lock for my home that I can unlock with my watch.

When more fitness trackers and sensors are implemented.

When the price goes down. :rolleyes:

When I can use it as a wristband for a festival.

When it's not tethered to my phone.

All of which I think will happen with time. I see a lot of potential for this product.

Same here. Lots of potential. But I think it's another 2-3 years off from being perfected.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
I'm not a watch wearer but I do like fitness gadgets. Even the smaller version is bigger than most fitness gadgets. I have zero interest in watches but if the fitness aspects pan out and it somehow doesn't look as huge in person, I might consider the smaller sport version.

crispytreat

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007
Price is concern for me, but if it had GPS for running, I could overlook the price...maybe...

Same for me.

I would like GPS for my runs, Wifi so that I can sync once I walk in the door after my runs, waterproof so that I can jump in the shower without taking it off. I want to do all of this and leave my iPhone at home.

I would like a lower price as well, but that is not a complete deal breaker.

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
When it gets more health sensors.

I wouldn't hold my breath for waterproof though. This watch may never get waterproofed since it has openings for mic and speakers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.