Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KALLT

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
Hey there,

Just received my MacBook 2.4 and already have an issue. The keyboard stays illuminated even in a room with bright lights on. I even put a lamp next to it, the illumination dims a bit, but is still on (only if I don"t hold the lamp right before the screen). I don't want to turn off illumination by hand, this is just disturbing.

I enabled "Illuminate keyboard in low light conditions". There is absolutely no 'low light condition'.

Is there anyone who has the same problem? Or a solution?

Grtz
KALLT

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Hey there,

Just received my MacBook 2.4 and already have an issue. The keyboard stays illuminated even in a room with bright lights on. I even put a lamp next to it, the illumination dims a bit, but is still on (only if I don"t hold the lamp right before the screen). I don't want to turn off illumination by hand, this is just disturbing.

Is there anyone who has the same problem? Or a solution?

Grtz
KALLT

Try cleaning out the part infront of the ambient light sensor. Maybe its a bit dirty. However, my Al MacBook also does that (illuminating) in decent lighting at night. Don't worry, in broad daylight the keyboard is off.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
same thing happens with my girlfriend's macbook, in a brightly lit room it turns on the light. I don't think it wastes too much battery so i wouldn't worry about it much.

KALLT

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
Seems like the problem is solved. I don't know why, but now it works as it should... :S

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.