Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xli_ne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Center of the Nation
At work we run mostly pc's, but we do have an emac just to open mac files if need be. We have illustrator 5.5 on the mac and have this mac font that needs to be installed on it. I installed it but now when i go to use the font it says

"You won't be able to print with Wendy LP Bold or stroke its characters because the font's outline file is missing or ATM is turned off."

Aighy so being 5.5 its in classic and I'm not sure what to do or how to install this font correctly. Any advice?!

RacerX

macrumors 65832
Aug 2, 2004
Did you try installing ATM?

And make sure that you are not using any version of ATM before 4.6 because they aren't compatible with Mac OS 9.

narco

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2003
California.
Oh, the glories of ATM. What fond memories of the old OS 9 days. I remember when OS 9 would crash during a key moment of our deadlines, after a restart the ATM wouldn't work and all of our major fonts would be jagged. Of course, it also printed that way (back when we had to print out the separations ourselves with an 11 x 17 B&W laser printer).

Nowadays I don't even use a printer.

Good luck with your problems. Just like the previous poster said: make sure ATM is installed and turned on, then it should work fine.

Fishes,
narco.

MontyZ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2005
You might want to upgrade. But then again, the newer versions of Illustrator are not very stable and full of bugs, too.

neildmitchell

macrumors 6502a
May 21, 2005
wow 5.5 thats going back a bit.

we have a copy of Macromedia Extremel 3D
(I just realized that could be a collectors item when Adobe buys them out.... Interesting, very interesting indeed ) :cool:
and Color Studio and Shapes by another company on display at work
Its amazing what we could accomplish with a minimum requirement of 10MB of ram.

fox2005

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2004
Lima, Peru
neildmitchell said:
wow 5.5 thats going back a bit.

we have a copy of Macromedia Extremel 3D
(I just realized that could be a collectors item when Adobe buys them out.... Interesting, very interesting indeed ) :cool:
and Color Studio and Shapes by another company on display at work
Its amazing what we could accomplish with a minimum requirement of 10MB of ram.

5.5 :eek: Are you sure 'bout that version? I use ver 8.0 a lot and i'm ashamed of saying it :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.