Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TonyJ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2006
Hi,

I am using CS 1 and am working on a layout for a cd cover. As it stands I have to work on half the layout up-side-down.

Does anyone know if it is possible to rotate the artboard?:confused:

I appreciate your help.

Tony

Mac_Freak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
Why can't you just create the other half separately and then rotate it and join it with the other part.

Otherwise, just select everything that you did and rotate it.

BTW the folds are usually on the left side of the cover, it looks like a book when you open it.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
You can select all your layers, then use Collect in New Layer to group them into something that will stay coherent when you rotate. If you then add new layers within that big enclosing layer, the main layer will serve as a rotating canvas of sorts.

No big deal if you forget as you're working, just drag any new "orphan" layers into the "main" one.

TonyJ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2006
Thanks!

Hi All,

Thanks for the great suggestions. I was hoping for a hidden 'rotate canvas' function like photoshop but alas... no. Have to say I am surprised that this basic function is not available.

These sound like good work arounds and I will definitely us them.

I am working on this really cool package call Soft Spot which is caseless cd holder from oasiscd.com. The reason half is upside down is because it is printed on one large piece of cardboard and then folded. A little intimidating for my first illustrator project but there it is!

Thanks again,

Tony

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.