Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Debel

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2017
0eb8a341129aa325af2572b058d3d652.jpg

I only got this because Matte Black was out of stock. (Bought it next day ) probably one of the ugliest colors of any cell phone offered

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
0eb8a341129aa325af2572b058d3d652.jpg

I only got this because Matte Black was out of stock. (Bought it next day ) probably one of the ugliest colors of any cell phone offered

That's weird to settle on a phone with not only a different color on the back but the bezel too? I waited until December to find my 7+. I wanted jet black, no exceptions.

Debel

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2017
That's weird to settle on a phone with not only a different color on the back but the bezel too? I waited until December to find my 7+. I wanted jet black, no exceptions.

Yeah I thought I could do the salmon ass pink lol. Matte black is just gorgeous

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013

I could of possibly settled on matte black if there was no jet black. I like black bezel. White bezel phones are too distracting to my eyes and makes the colors look washed out. My first iPhone was the 5c. That blue color was gorgeous with black bezel. I still have it. It'll be one of those phones I keep forever.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
I had jet black with sprint.
6afe6edf3438c683d2481df7f12918bf.jpg

T-Mobile kept trying to get me to buy a regular 7. It was by sheer accident I found my 256GB 7+. I was paying a bill at a mall kiosk when I casually asked. I'd called all over my city and a few cities close by. Hadn't found a thing. I wanted to wait to buy it at the store so I could activate it there and make sure it's not defective. T-Mobile loves those restocking fees, they won't charge me if the defect is right there when I open the box and play with the phone.

I used to work for a subsidiary of Sprint.

Debel

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2017
T-Mobile kept trying to get me to buy a regular 7. It was by sheer accident I found my 256GB 7+. I was paying a bill at a mall kiosk when I casually asked. I'd called all over my city and a few cities close by. Hadn't found a thing. I wanted to wait to buy it at the store so I could activate it there and make sure it's not defective. T-Mobile loves those restocking fees, they won't charge me if the defect is right there when I open the box and play with the phone.

I used to work for a subsidiary of Sprint.

I went back to Verizon. After I can go anywhere in my city. Albuquerque. And have service lol. Plus I probably blew 5 grand in stuff at sprint in 3 months.

Reactions: Septembersrain

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
I went back to Verizon. After I can go anywhere in my city. Albuquerque. And have service lol. Plus I probably blew 5 grand in stuff at sprint in 3 months.

I hated the Sprint service. It was horrible. Luckily T-Mobile works well where I go. Verizon doesn't have unlimited or I'd probably have it (Or have tried it).

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
I could of possibly settled on matte black if there was no jet black. I like black bezel. White bezel phones are too distracting to my eyes and makes the colors look washed out. My first iPhone was the 5c. That blue color was gorgeous with black bezel. I still have it. It'll be one of those phones I keep forever.
Pictures of your iPhone 5C

niploteksi

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2016
Agreed. I think the OP is really excited about his new iPhone and was just elaborating on his choice of color and others in here are twisting something more than it has to be. It's just a color and others are questioning his real intentions. Others need to respect his decision and move on to bigger things, which maturity in here can Go only So far apparently.

No... lets bash him for buying that phone. I feel the desperate need to prove that he posts this because he's a lesser person than me. Making threads that I have to read makes me annoyed.

Reactions: Sunny1990

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
No... lets bash him for buying that phone. I feel the desperate need to prove that he posts this because he's a lesser person than me. Making threads that I have to read makes me annoyed.

My suggestion would be to you to not read the thread. You have a choice.

dan.tebeau

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2015
I'm a 30 year old guy. A few days ago I intentionally bought an iPhone SE in Rose Gold.

I love it. I chose the SE for practical reasons - I have small hands, and also felt the 6/7 was too big for having in a pocket (was worried about it breaking).

The SE is a perfect size phone. It is small enough to not feel noticeable when carrying it, and I can type with one hand instead of needing 2 for the 6/7.

Also, the battery life is great. I can almost go two full days of moderate usage.

I chose Rose Gold, despite it being called "pink" and identified as more of a "female friendly colour", for three reasons:

1) I actually like the colour. It feels premium, and looks different in different lighting.

2) You can tell it apart from the other 5-body models as Rose Gold is exclusive to the SE/6/7.

3) Too many people go for Grey/Silver/Gold. Ive had plenty of iPhones and always played it safe with Space Grey.

Anyway.

I love the phone. I'd go as far as to say its my favourite ever iPhone - I've owned every single iPhone from the first one through to the 7 Plus and the SE is definitely my favourite size/performance compromise.

If Apple ever release an updated SE/SE2 I will be at the front of the queue.

Last edited:

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
New Orleans
2) You can tell it apart from the other 5-body models as Rose Gold is exclusive to the SE/6/7.
I had an iPhone SE and most people I talked about it with didn't even know the iPhone SE was a thing. Everyone thought it was a 5 or 5s, so I don't think the rose gold color would really matter much in this regard. Most people will just think you got a pink iPhone 5s, and the ones who follow up with gadgets like us can tell the difference in the chamfered edges. The iPhone 5/5s' edges are polished and the iPhone SE's edges are matted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.