Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

systemind

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
I can't find any comparisons on camera performance between the 11 (non pro) and the XS Max. I'm looking to lower my phone bill and switching my phones to the 11 will be a nice reduction on our monthly plan. I know the screen is not as nice but honestly my priorities are battery life and camera performance. The 11 pro max has a nice battery increase but nothing I can't solve with a battery case when they're available(currently also own a xs max battery case). What I'm very curios is to see if the pictures look better on the 11 non pro vs the XS Max...

m63mia

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2015
I am picking up an iPhone 11 today From the XSMax to save on monthly payments. I think it’s a great phone. The screen is not as nice but I doubt it will bother me. The camera upgrades look amazing.
I guess I can't really judge till I have the phone in hand. The 11pro max is gonna weigh a lot more than the xs max so.....
When I compared my phone to the XR last year I hardly noticed much difference in size or screen quality but my eyes rare getting old. ?

I did a phone comparison on the Apple store app. You can see the specs side by side.

systemind

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
I am picking up an iPhone 11 today From the XSMax to save on monthly payments. I think it’s a great phone. The screen is not as nice but I doubt it will bother me. The camera upgrades look amazing.
I guess I can't really judge till I have the phone in hand. The 11pro max is gonna weigh a lot more than the xs max so.....
When I compared my phone to the XR last year I hardly noticed much difference in size or screen quality but my eyes rare getting old. ?

I did a phone comparison on the Apple store app. You can see the specs side by side.
Let me know how you like it! The camera in the iPhone 11 *should perform the same as the pro models except of not having the telephoto which I don’t care at all. So in theory it’s better than the Xs max in the camera aspect.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I'm I crazy for thinking on going to an 11 owning a XS Max?

You want to be careful with thread titles like this. You are openly asking for a opinion of your state of mental health from strangers on the internet.

They are liable to make comments such as…Can't you make your own decisions without asking for a consensus of people who have no right to the money you make?

Or…Why do you care what people think about your mental health. If it's something you want, it's your money, who cares what anyone else thinks?

If you're here simply to gather ideas to make an informed decision, that's different of course. But the clickbait title you use does not reflect that at all.

m63mia

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2015
So far. I’m loving the 11. It is very fast. I don’t notice a big difference in the screen size or quality. I like that it is lighter. The camera is fantastic so far. I think I’m keeping this one and will trade my xs max so long as there’s no issues with the 11.

systemind

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
So far. I’m loving the 11. It is very fast. I don’t notice a big difference in the screen size or quality. I like that it is lighter. The camera is fantastic so far. I think I’m keeping this one and will trade my xs max so long as there’s no issues with the 11.
Awesome! I'm receiving mine tomorrow. I looked at them side by side in the store and there's obviously an image quality with the screens but honestly is nothing that will make me not be able to use the phone(there will be a new iPhone to upgrade soon anyways lol) The screen size felt very comfortable too. Enjoy it!

Reactions: m63mia

m63mia

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2015
I’m sure you will love it. I’m surprised by this upgrade. It’s a noticeable difference in performance!

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I can't find any comparisons on camera performance between the 11 (non pro) and the XS Max.

This thread has some XS owners contributing night shot examples.

Last edited:
Reactions: m63mia
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.