Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KSUWizard

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
Manhattan, KS
So my siedio innocase 2 broke the other day (prong broke off) and now I'm looking for a new case. I want something that will protect well but also be slim and slide into pocket easy. Also, the innocase scratched up my bottom bezel so I would like something that's east on the hardware. I was looking at the capsulerebel but am concerned about the saggy bottom. Also, there is the incase slider. Any thoughts/comments/suggestions would be awesome. I love what I've found on this board so far as I used it in deciding the innocase.

GFSarah

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2009
North Carolina
My vote goes for the Incase Slider. It may not look that durable, but mine has survived many, many drops from various heights and various degrees of force. It has a few scratches but it otherwise perfectly intact and still just as secure on the phone as the day I bought it.

I have the rubbery Incase for when I want a bit more confidence in the ruggedness department, but that doesn't slide in the pocket as easily - on the plus side though, it has much better grip in your hand than the Slider. I also like my OtterBox Defender when I fear I may get rained or need REALLY big protection, but my Incase Slider is what I use probably 98% of the time. I absolutely love it.

Blue Fox

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2009
I've had MANY cases. Been through just about every one of them at Best Buy and a few more online (I've probably spent well over $200 in cases in the past year). Every single one of them either broke, tore, or allowed so much garbage inbetween the case and the phone that the back would get scratched up badly.........until I found the iSkin Revo2:

full_13.jpg

iSkin Revo2 for the WIN!

I'm currently using the Revo2 in black (eyeing the red one though). I use it WITHOUT that clear plastic cover. It's all a rubberish-neoprene material. It takes falls VERY well as it absorbs the impact. It keeps out a lot of the dirt/crap from getting behind the case. I'm also using the InvisibleShield $20 screen protector from Best Buy to protect the screen (if installed properly, you'll never tell it's on there) PITA to put on though.

The only negative thing about the case is that it seems to attract all the lent from your pocket, but that's a minor annoyance compared to all the other cases I've used.

Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.