Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theevmeister

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2020
hi, all. i'm in a hole, in a cave, under a rock about anything having to do with jailbreak in the last decade.

when i got out of the hospital, and was returned my property, i found that the password was different, and i quickly got locked out of my device, "iphone is disabled; connect to itunes"

i downloaded tenorshare ultdata, because it seems like it does so much and it claims so much, i thought maybe the state of the hack had progressed enough that you could just buy it and go these days.
basically it did one cool thing: which was download a firmware update and put my phone into recovery mode which allowed me to make like fifteen more password guesses.

i need like thirty more passwordguesses to go through all the permutations of what i think i myself may have mistakenly made it.
so here we have a split: either can somebody help me get into this state where it says "enter your password; re-enter your password" and then it tries to do a recovery before kicking you back out---?
or can someone help me bop through the whole thing.
i have two-factor authentication set up and trying to get into icloud sends a key to my phone which is locked, if that makes any difference.

i am directions-literate, but i haven't touched a jailbreak since iphone 4.
i have a windows 10 computer, and i might have some access to my dad's macbook if that's necessary.

please help.

Last edited by a moderator:

theevmeister

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2020
further, using this software i bought, and doing that firmware update, i'm now up to 13.4.1 on my iphone xs. is it possible to force-attach a lower firmware version? the software so far gives me an error when i try to force it to use lower versions

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.