Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tikigod19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
Hi all, having moved from pc to mac, a program I miss enormously is called Total Commander which was a side by side file navigator type app that let me navigate to one folder on my local machine on the left, then navgate to the same folder on my nas (but an out of date older version) and hit a button so that it showed me (and then subsequently copied over) all of the files on the local machine that are newer or in addition to whats already on the NAS folder. The end result, 2 folders that are exactly the same, but it means I haven't had to copy over the terabytes of video that is in each folder unnecessarily, it only copies over the files that have been created since I last used the software or those files that have been updated (for example video editing project files and auto save files)

I've tried commander one which looks almost the same, but the dev's have confirmed it does not do this. \

If anyone can recommend a tool to do this I would be very grateful

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi all, having moved from pc to mac, a program I miss enormously is called Total Commander which was a side by side file navigator type app that let me navigate to one folder on my local machine on the left, then navgate to the same folder on my nas (but an out of date older version) and hit a button so that it showed me (and then subsequently copied over) all of the files on the local machine that are newer or in addition to whats already on the NAS folder. The end result, 2 folders that are exactly the same, but it means I haven't had to copy over the terabytes of video that is in each folder unnecessarily, it only copies over the files that have been created since I last used the software or those files that have been updated (for example video editing project files and auto save files)

I've tried commander one which looks almost the same, but the dev's have confirmed it does not do this. \

If anyone can recommend a tool to do this I would be very grateful
You might take a look at ChronoSync.

tikigod19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
Thank you so much guys. Transmit 5 looks great but if that doesn't suit I'll continue down the list! I'm sure lots of these will do what I want.

I really appreciate your replies.

tikigod19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
i went for Transit in the end and it is EXACTLY what I wanted. Well worth the £45 for a lifetime subscription. Thank you all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.