Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

henoo4495

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2022
I'm looking for apps to increase security for my phone:

There is tracking on my solar network, I want no tracking looking for a good app for this thing.
Looking to add a general lock before unlocking the iPhone with another code or another screen besides the usual Apple lock.

Looking for an anti-eavesdropping app that can find out where listeners are from.

Anti-eavesdropping application for the cellular network and cell phone.

Thanks!!!!

please Help i need Applications vs ANTIEAVESDROPPING

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
This is a hardware issue as opposed to a software issue. You should consider an Encrypted Kryptall K-iPhone and service or something similar if you really need antieavesdropping.

Last edited:

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
I'm looking for apps to increase security for my phone:

There is tracking on my solar network, I want no tracking looking for a good app for this thing.
Looking to add a general lock before unlocking the iPhone with another code or another screen besides the usual Apple lock.

Looking for an anti-eavesdropping app that can find out where listeners are from.

Anti-eavesdropping application for the cellular network and cell phone.

Thanks!!!!

please Help i need Applications vs ANTIEAVESDROPPING
Adding apps usually does not help in this case. Blackberry did have this sort of baked into its last phones but there was little interest. You might have to look for another phone.

All you can do is not have any apps that you have an option to add and go into the lockdown mode Apple was talking about - but I haven’t tried it out yet.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
You can’t get any of those anti-eavesdropping features from any smartphone device that doesn’t have hardware switch to turn off modules. even the so-called lockdown mode may not be enough.

What you need is either a dumb phone (talking about feature phone), or a Linux phone with hardware switches so you can turn off modules in hardware.

You can also consider buying a smartkey to incorporate usual unlock process for your smartphone. Android support that a bit better than iOS afaik.

henoo4495

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2022
This is a hardware issue as opposed to a software issue. You should consider an Encrypted Kryptall K-iPhone and service or something similar if you really need antieavesdropping.
What you mean PLEASE Explain

henoo4495

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2022
Adding apps usually does not help in this case. Blackberry did have this sort of baked into its last phones but there was little interest. You might have to look for another phone.

All you can do is not have any apps that you have an option to add and go into the lockdown mode Apple was talking about - but I haven’t tried it out yet.

i Will do it but i Need Help with the Applications.
The People Dont stop .
Help thank you

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
Applications won’t matter unless it’s baked into the OS. The only phone that meets your level of “concern” is the original Pinephone (3gig ram version) running Ubuntu Touch. Unless you’re a Linux guy you won’t make it with the others. Full hardware control with dip switches for six bits of hardware including the modem which was hacked and available.

This phone is off the radar and any professional “NSA” type actors can try to hack your phone but the software will just stop - mentioning “what’s this” and the phone will just muse “who are you?” and continue functioning.

If you never hear of “terminal” then don’t bother with this phone. My guess is you will have a hell of a time getting American telcos to let it on their network - everywhere else you are good to go.

hoo-man-b-ing

Cancelled
Mar 13, 2022
Can you explain what you’re experiencing by “eavesdropping on your cellular network?” Are you in a country where this is typical?

And considering the questions you’re asking, I’m wondering what software/VPNs you’ve already installed.

Without knowing more about your situation, I would recommend
1. Setting/changing your SIM phone pin
2. Hard resetting your iPhone and starting fresh
3. Verifying that you’re fully patched
3a. Reset your iCloud and other passwords
4. If you believe you’re a target of a coordinated attack, enabling Lockdown mode
5. Reset your network settings and verify that you’re only joining trusted WiFi spots
6. Configure and pay for a well trusted VPN (like Mullvad)
7. Install the bare minimum of apps, recognizing that each app you install increase the number of attack vectors available
8. Use a strong, unique pin of 10 characters or more
9. Do not charge/connect your device to any untrusted cables.
10. Install a trusted ad blocker like 1BlockerX
11. Back up your new settings

If you need to chat securely with others, use Signal.

While that may seem severe, it should eliminate your problems. if you’re still experiencing “eavesdropping,” I would begin looking at your other accounts and devices.

As a last resort, you can buy a prepaid phone card and dumb/candybar phone while you get this sorted.

Good luck

henoo4495

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2022
More Information?

With Phone is the Best for Security of Whatsapp , Albums,
and more vs eavesgaves And more.
Thanks you

Last edited:

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
The best security is the person using the device. You would be well advised to learn about how phones and apps are compromised and adjusting your behavior using them accordingly. Asking ordinary folk like us for help really gets you nowhere.

Only you truly know your own situation. Using a feature phone still can be tracked. Don’t reply to text messages that say “Hi” and have a number you don’t recognize. Educate yourself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.