Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mclld

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
There are so many different watches I'm not sure what to get but I am leaning towards the Watch 4 or Active 2. I see these on my local Facebook all the time fairly reasonable.

Reactions: Saanip4

Roadstar

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2006
Vantaa, Finland
There are so many different watches I'm not sure what to get but I am leaning towards the Watch 4 or Active 2. I see these on my local Facebook all the time fairly reasonable.

Out of those I'd pick Watch 4 for software support alone. Watch 4 is running WearOS while the Active 2 is based on Tizen, which Samsung is phasing out on watches.

Reactions: Ludatyk

mclld

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
Thanks I didn't know that, no wonder the Active 2 is so cheap

mclld

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
I bought her a Galaxy Watch 4 but she doesn’t seem to be able to use some of the features. For example on the watch the ecg option, it says to download Samsung Health Monitor but I don’t see a way to do that. She has a Pixel 6a

Roadstar

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2006
Vantaa, Finland
I bought her a Galaxy Watch 4 but she doesn’t seem to be able to use some of the features. For example on the watch the ecg option, it says to download Samsung Health Monitor but I don’t see a way to do that. She has a Pixel 6a

That's an unfortunate restriction indeed, both ECG and blood pressure require the Samsung Health Monitor app that's only available through the Galaxy Store on Samsung phones. Other features should work on all Android devices, but those two are for some reason locked to Samsung phones. However, if I'm not mistaken some people have successfully sideloaded the required app to non-Samsung phones, but it's a bit of a hassle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.