Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

actorkid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
I'm getting my macbook tomorrow!

2.4 GHz Penryn Blackbook
personally upgraded 4GB RAM
wireless mighty mouse
wireless keyboard (all to go with the external display i already have)

I will officially be switching from Microcrap to Mac....It's taken too long in my personal opinion.

I'm pretty excited!

frankiepdx

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2007
Portland OR

2.4 GHz Penryn Blackbook
wireless mighty mouse

I will officially be switching from Microcrap to Mac....It's taken too long in my personal opinion.

I'm pretty excited!

Wow! Quite the list of specs. Are you planning on running certain software on that demon? Also, which external display are you using?

Congrats on your purchase. Hope your not married, since you will be spending a lot of time with this sweet setup.

actorkid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Wow! Quite the list of specs. Are you planning on running certain software on that demon? Also, which external display are you using?

Congrats on your purchase. Hope your not married, since you will be spending a lot of time with this sweet setup.

i've actually decided to buy myself a little present because I'm heading off to college.

My monitor is just a 17" HP LCD...its nothing special, but bigger than the macbook screen for when I'm in my dorm. Unfortunately I can't really buy a new Apple monitor (I don't have THAT much money)

I'm pretty much just an eager person...i plan on learning more about some webdesign and programming with it as well as some basic graphic work...

I really decided to max everything out because I want to get a nice long life out of everything. The external mouse/keyboard/monitor will minimize the wear and tear on the book itself, and the maxed out specs I feel will ya know...keep it somewhat up to date for the next few years.

mr.stinki

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2008
Congratulations!!! I remember when I got my BlackBook (Dec. 17 '07). I was so Excited!!

I've got the 2.2 GHz SantaRosa Chipset with 2GB Ram (3rd Party)

I Love this thing :eek:

levitynyc

macrumors 65816
Aug 19, 2006

2.4 GHz Penryn Blackbook
wireless mighty mouse

I'm pretty excited!

As long as you throw the mighty mouse out as soon as you get it, you will love your macbook.

Kalafut

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2008
pocatello
The mighty mouse is a good mouse. sure right clicking is a little hashed with it, o just move more to the right if i want to right click, but other than that the mighty mouse is wonderful.

GeneKam

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2008
Mississauga, ON
mighty crapy mouse is okay over all, it a fine bluetooth mouse taht does the job wel for mac, but right click is hell. Still it looks great with all the gear so i still use it. But overall, it is not worth the price, the only reason i own one is that it is bluetooth, it does not need a usb dongle and does not take up space on the mac computer taht has only 2 usb ports to start with :)

idonotliketostu

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2008
As long as you throw the mighty mouse out as soon as you get it, you will love your macbook.

I've been using the mighty mouse at school for surfing the net and stuff like that and its really good. Don't know about gaming with it tho... I'll see when I get one for my mac. =)

Macintosh Sauce

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2006
USA
Congrats actorkid. You will enjoy it, especially if you bump it up to 4 GB RAM. I got mine just over a week ago and I think this new MacBook is sweet.

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA

Throw it my way! I have had no major problems with mine in over 2 years. I do have clean hands and once in awhile I turn it upside down and roll the scrollball over a clean piece of paper to keep the ball clean and all is great! I think the mighty mouse gets a bad rap due to many dirty hands and lack of care.

So please throw it my way! Flame on. I don't care as it works Great here! :p

Domofloge

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2008
New Jersey
Yeah dude we have a really similar set up. You will LOVE it! :cool:

The 4 gigs of RAM is nice when I'm using a lot of programs at once. Its a breeze for the Macbook..

DaveWonders

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2006
The mighty mouse is great. Who has problems right clicking? Put your index finger where the left button would be, middle finger on the ball, and ring finger on the right side. When you want to right click just lift your index finger. I don't see a problem. However, the scroll ball is a night mare. And if you don't wash your hands then that is a problem too. I had a co-worker who used one and I had to clean his mouse weekly. It looked like a baseball bat with pine tar all over it. But I can use mine for months and it's still white. If Apple would redesign/address the scroll ball the MM would be perfect.

Jpoon

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2008
lol I go to class!
I'm so portable that I can take my MacBook out and surf Facebook while mildly listening to the lecture D:....

hehe

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.