Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NewbiePete

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2020
Germany, Berlin
Hello,

last year I had to equip my iMac 12.2 with a new graphics card (Quadro K1100M 2 GB) and so far I had no problems with Mac OS High Sierra. But since many apps (e.g. Office or Fusion) require a higher operating system, I took the plunge and installed Mac OS X Catalina using DosDudes Catalina Patcher, yesterday according to DosDudes YouTube instructions. So far so good, but the Mac keyboard and mouse no longer work and booting only via the option key and drive selection. Likewise, the hibernation does not seem to work anymore. When waking up from hibernation, I have to switch the computer off and on again with the option key. These two things are extremely bothersome. Does anyone have any remedy?

Oh, I did a clean install on my internal SSD (which ran perfectly under High Sierra) and also performed a csrutil disable (was presented as a solution in some forums)

Thanks

Pete

NewbiePete

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2020
Germany, Berlin
Hello Guys,

meanwhile i have installed a new GPU (nvidia GTX765M) on my iMac 27" mid 2011.
I erased the SSD again and installed Mac OS X Catalina using DosDudes Catalina Patcher. Then do the post install. Unfortunately I have two problems: the restart doesn't work and the hibernation doesn't work either. To be on the safe side, after Catalina was booted, I specified the corresponding SSD as the start drive, unfortunately without success. Can someone give me a tip so that all the trouble was not in vain? SMC Reset and PRAM Reset i have done.

Thank you

Pete

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.