Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RodoGS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2019
Hermosillo, Mexico
Hello, I have replaced the old HDD in my mid 2007 iMac with an SSD (Kingston 480 GB). I did not format the SSD prior to installation, just put it in right from the box. When trying to boot using the original Leopard DVD in the optical drive the screen remains stuck with a funny logo I had never seen before. I have attached a picture. The DVD starts spinning and it is being read for a while before this logo appears, then it stops spinning completely no more progress is shown. Any ideas of what might be happening? I appreciate any help.

Attachments

• 061C510D-6D5F-4C64-9666-7DCB7A4F5417.jpeg
    061C510D-6D5F-4C64-9666-7DCB7A4F5417.jpeg
    929.1 KB · Views: 188

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
Hello, I have replaced the old HDD in my mid 2007 iMac with an SSD (Kingston 480 GB). I did not format the SSD prior to installation, just put it in right from the box. When trying to boot using the original Leopard DVD in the optical drive the screen remains stuck with a funny logo I had never seen before. I have attached a picture. The DVD starts spinning and it is being read for a while before this logo appears, then it stops spinning completely no more progress is shown. Any ideas of what might be happening? I appreciate any help.
This logo represents the back of a Magic Mouse and it wants you to turn on your mouse/means that no mouse was found by the installer.

For macOS installs is better to use wired mouse/keyboard.

RodoGS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2019
Hermosillo, Mexico
This logo represents the back of a Magic Mouse and it wants you to turn on your mouse/means that no mouse was found by the installer.

For macOS installs is better to use wired mouse/keyboard.
Awsome, thanks. My iMac is so old that I did't recognize the logo as a mouse!! I found out my mouse was indeed not properly connected. OSX is installing now. Thanks a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.