Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Greyday23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2022
Hello,

After Upgrading my iMac 2011 21,5 inch with a k2000m and a i7 2600s it beeps like 3 times.

I determined the problem was the Ram with only 2 Ram sticks it boots perfectly. I tested the slots and only the down right slot isnt working.
When a Ram stick is plugged in the iMac wont Boot and just beeps. I tried putting it out and in several times but still no boot with this slot.

The Ram gets slightly warm in this Slot maybe a short? Thats very crazy because it worked like a charm with the exact same Ram before.

Thank you guys for any help.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
It's 11 years old now.
Just go with whatever setup you can that "keeps it going" for the time being.
They don't last forever.... (sigh)...

Greyday23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2022
I determined the error. Its not the Slot itself its because of the new CPU i changed it back to the slower i5 but i still not know why only the under right one isnt working because of the cpu. Has anyone a tip for me what i can do now?

With the i5 it boots perfectly.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
"i changed it back to the slower i5 but i still not know why only the under right one isnt working because of the cpu. Has anyone a tip for me what i can do now?
With the i5 it boots perfectly."

Seems to me that you have answered your own question above...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.