Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tt4442

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2017
Hi

I'm sure this has been asked before but I know there's new adapters/gadgets out there.

I have a iMac 2019 21" retina and macbook pro m1, and I was able to use a usb-c to usb-c cable to connect and see my m1 screen on the imac. However it is very slow.

Is there any way of connecting my macbook m1 to this monitor? I don't need to extend the display, only need it as the one and only display.

I did see this video

and I've seen these types of adpaters https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Ty...cs&sprefix=imac+adapte,electronics,94&sr=1-14

Any help would be appreciated. I actually got this iMac for this purpose, as my laptop is only 14"

If it has to be software, what is the least latency?

Thanks.

curnalpanic

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2008
go:teborg

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
I have a iMac 2019 21" retina and macbook pro m1, and I was able to use a usb-c to usb-c cable to connect and see my m1 screen on the imac. However it is very slow.
Can you be more detailed regarding how you were able to display the MBP M1 on the iMac w/ simply a USB-C cable? You have to be using some software solution you have not mentioned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.