Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Previous_Crown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2024
My configuration:
iMac 21,5 mid 2011
CPU - Intel Core i7-2600 4q. (8 logic)
GPU - AMD Radeon Pro WX3200 4Gb
RAM - 16gb 1333MHz
SSD - 1Tb (XrayDisk)
|750Gb - Windows 10
|250Gb - MacOS Sonoma

I upgraded my computer in the early summer of 2023. Then I installed only Mac OS Ventura and used it until the beginning of 2024. In January, I reinstalled Mac OS Sonoma from scratch and immediately after that I started installing Windows 10 according to this instruction - https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/WINDOWS.html#installation-process . I had a lot of errors during installation (probably due to inexperience and inattention). I used it without any problems for about a month, avoiding overheating and other things. Since February 14th, my lights and Internet have often been turned off, so I stopped using my computer. Yesterday (February 19), the problems with electricity and the network were fixed and I started the computer - first in the morning for half an hour without connecting to the Internet and running any programs, and then in the afternoon. I used it for about 30 minutes and I began to hear frequent sound notifications of turning the device on and off (the sounds that you hear when you connect a USB stick), although I did not touch anything at that moment, just talked with a friend in Discord. After 30 seconds of such sounds, the computer displayed the following screen:
cTy8kkeG3n4.jpg

At the same time, when restarting after the Boot menu and the start of the Windows 10 boot, the logo appears and after a short boot, this screen appears again. Mac OS Sonoma works great at the same time. I went to the Windows system partition from the Finder and since I immediately suspected the video card drivers, I went to C:\AMD\DxCache\. Here I saw a strange phenomenon - at the moment of the appearance of this screen and in the next 20 minutes, new records were created. And the last entry before February 19 is very large (photo below). I do not know exactly what the problem is, but last time I installed Windows for almost three days (due to the large number of errors that were fixed by workarounds). I'm scared to go through this again, especially since I do not know the reason for this screen. Is it possible to fix this problem without reinstalling by manually reinstalling the drivers from under Mac OS. If it's possible, then I need some kind of instruction. If this is not possible, then I need to know how to prevent it after reinstalling the system.
Снимок экрана 2024-02-20 в 15.43.48.png

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2024-02-20 в 15.51.17.png
    Снимок экрана 2024-02-20 в 15.51.17.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 29
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.