Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vansouza

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
West Plains, MO USA Earth
I have tried searching ... but to no use... my iMac is due next week and it is shipping with wireless mouse and keyboard... will I be able to use the wireless when I setup the iMac for the first time or will I need wired devices to get that far... thanks... Van:confused:

micvog

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2003
vansouza said:
Thanks for responding so quickly and with the news I wanted to hear...:)

Congratulations. I have a 20" C2D iMac with the wireless option. I usually do a in-depth hardware test of any new hardware and you will need a wired mouse to do that (at least I wasn't able to figure out a keyboard shortcut).

BTW, I was concerned about any lag with the wireless Mighty Mouse. Not a problem - the keyboard and mouse are just as responsive as their wired versions.

vansouza

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
West Plains, MO USA Earth
More good news ... thanks.

micvog said:
Congratulations. I have a 20" C2D iMac with the wireless option. I usually do a in-depth hardware test of any new hardware and you will need a wired mouse to do that (at least I wasn't able to figure out a keyboard shortcut).

BTW, I was concerned about any lag with the wireless Mighty Mouse. Not a problem - the keyboard and mouse are just as responsive as their wired versions.

I ordered the 2.33 24in and I am going purple waiting for it ... I check the web site 20 times a day to check if it is still shipping on the 15th.. sadly yes... so just waiting.. it will be replacing a Mac mini... which is going to my partner... thanks again...

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
vansouza said:
I ordered the 2.33 24in and I am going purple waiting for it ... I check the web site 20 times a day to check if it is still shipping on the 15th.. sadly yes... so just waiting.. it will be replacing a Mac mini... which is going to my partner... thanks again...
enjoy that computer. I just saw it today at the apple store and my god that thing is nice. Big but very sexy, makes the 20" seem tiny...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.