Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sir Mac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2015
Hi,

Hope some people here can help me ?

Revised and installed a Nvidia K1100M (TDP 45 Watt) flashed by David Nicks with the original MXM-A Heatsink in a iMac 27" 2010.
I used the OWC Inline Thermal Cable to attach new ssd.
Is it then still necessary to replace the ODD sensor cable to the gpu-heatsink (few apps open, reads 45 degrees Celsius).

First I installed via DosDude1 Mojave-patch, but I got a black screen (due to wrong .kext drivers I presume).
Legacy Graphics patch avoided.

MacOS installed High Sierra 10.13.6 to test the configuration, runs alright, but there are issues:
- random restarts (see screenshots form Console)
- hangs in sleep.

is it possible that via OpenCore (Catalina and above) these problems are solved ?

Hope for some insights to get the system stable ?

Greetz, Arnoud

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 16.53.15.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 16.53.15.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 17.17.10.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 17.17.10.png
    221.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 20.42.58.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 20.42.58.png
    215.2 KB · Views: 85

Nguyen Duc Hieu

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2020
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
I remember reading in this forum one post in which the poster confirmed that OCLP installation fixed this issues with dosdude1 patch.

I myself only used dosdude1 patch to install Catalina on my iMac 24" early 2009 (original config).
With the K1100m on my iMac 27" late 2009. I used OCLP right from the beginning. No problem at all. No need to move the thermal sensor.

Sir Mac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2015
I remember reading in this forum one post in which the poster confirmed that OCLP installation fixed this issues with dosdude1 patch.

I myself only used dosdude1 patch to install Catalina on my iMac 24" early 2009 (original config).
With the K1100m on my iMac 27" late 2009. I used OCLP right from the beginning. No problem at all. No need to move the thermal sensor.
Thank you, Nguyen for the information. I still have the original High Sierra installation.
Try to install OCLP with Catalina, is it necessary to do a clean-install with OCLP (I think it’s mentioned somewhere) ?

Sir Mac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2015
Thank you, Nguyen for the information. I still have the original High Sierra installation.
Try to install OCLP with Catalina, is it necessary to do a clean-install with OCLP (I think it’s mentioned somewhere) ?
Hi Nguyen,
I managed to install Opencore in the boot partition. Installed Big Sur with Verbose Logging.
It works stable, but I want to disable Verbose Logging, how to do that ?
Searching through the posts.
Have a good day, Arnoud

Nguyen Duc Hieu

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2020
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Hi Nguyen,
I managed to install Opencore in the boot partition. Installed Big Sur with Verbose Logging.
It works stable, but I want to disable Verbose Logging, how to do that ?
Searching through the posts.
Have a good day, Arnoud

There are several options.
1. Command line from the terminal (I don't know the commandd, and it may not work with Opencore anymoree)
2. Modify the Config.plist files with a text editor.
I myself prefer the third method: Use Opencore Configurator to view and make the change to the config.plist file.

Last edited:

Sir Mac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2015
1. Command line from the terminal (I don't know the commandd, and it may not work with Opencore anymoree)
I myself prefer the third method: Use Opencore Configurator to view and make the change to the config.plist file.
Thank you, Nguyen. I overwrite the config.plist file without Verbose Mode and Boot Picker, started with the Apple logo immediately. Great stuff, for a 12 year old iMac !

Reactions: Nguyen Duc Hieu

Sir Mac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2015
The iMac works with all functions, but freezes frequently, display, mouse and keyboard freezes and have to restart. Could it be sleep-related, hibernation or kernel panic from the cpu ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.