Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thunder66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 24, 2023
Hi,
I'm trying to repair a mid 2011 Mac 27" with the graphics reflow this past few days, after everything is put back, the screen doesn't come up, not the backlight, nor any graphics on the screen. I double checked everything, and realized I may have got the displayport power plug from the panel to the motherboard plugged in reversed! (the plug in the picture below)
Now after i put into the correct orientation, the screen still doesn't come up. THere's three diagnostic leds on the motherboard. Anyone know if I burnt my panel? Or maybe the graphics card bake didn't work out?

Thank you!

1703605286482.png

Nguyen Duc Hieu

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2020
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Hi,
I'm trying to repair a mid 2011 Mac 27" with the graphics reflow this past few days, after everything is put back, the screen doesn't come up, not the backlight, nor any graphics on the screen. I double checked everything, and realized I may have got the displayport power plug from the panel to the motherboard plugged in reversed! (the plug in the picture below)
Now after i put into the correct orientation, the screen still doesn't come up. THere's three diagnostic leds on the motherboard. Anyone know if I burnt my panel? Or maybe the graphics card bake didn't work out?

Thank you!

View attachment 2329194

The baking is not supposed to be work out 100%.
My successful rate was 0% (0/2), one on professional reflow station, one in my own infrared grill oven. I quitted rebaking since then. Buying a known to work graphic card is simpler to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.