Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robertus

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
the great state of O-H-I-O
Hello all,

I have this iMac 27 2019 (Retina) running 10.15.7 since 2020 and I have been noticing that whenever I try to wake up the Mac from sleep, whether for a short time or long time, it is slowly waking up, not immediately waking up. While I press any key to wake up the Mac, the monitor shows dark/dim screen for a bit, then coming to ready-use displaying the desktop. Should I be concerned? It seems restarting the Mac is the only solution to resolve this issue. I have this smcFanControl app that tells me the temp is around 99-100 F at 1200 rpm. I have Screen Saver enabled and Energy Saver shows unchecked boxes on prevent computer from sleep automatically when display is off and put hard disks to sleep when possible, but checked boxes on the rest (last 3 options).

I appreciate feedback, thank you.

AL2TEACH

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2007
North Las Vegas, NV.
put hard disks to sleep when possible,
I have a 2015 iMac but I (took it to a shop) replaced the spinner with a SSD. I never checked the put to sleep box with the spinner. Try unchecking that box to see if it still happens.

"it also results in higher access time when waking up the hard disks. " is from this article

Robertus

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
the great state of O-H-I-O
I have a 2015 iMac but I (took it to a shop) replaced the spinner with a SSD. I never checked the put to sleep box with the spinner. Try unchecking that box to see if it still happens.

"it also results in higher access time when waking up the hard disks. " is from this article
Mine is unchecked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.