Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OPENSTEP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2013
I am having my iMac 27 5K shipped to the Apple store near me so I don't have to muss with the "being at home" problem.

My Apple store is in an area where parking is not super close.

How heavy is the iMac when in box and how luggable is it? Is there a handle? Is it reasonable for someone to carry back a few blocks?

Thanks.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Don't know which store you are referring to but most Apple Stores will/can let customers drive up to the loading door to p/u their big boxes. In fact I've never seen anyone lugging an iMac or any other big box out of the stores near me -- all are either in a major mall or strip mall. I think they all go out the back door.

But to answer your question, yes, it would be quite awkward to lug even a 21.5" iMac a few blocks not to mention a 27". If you can't drive up to the loading door at the very least ask to borrow a hand truck so you can wheel it out. Remember you are not the first and only person to buy a 27" iMac there. They must have ways for people to easily get it to their car.

Reactions: OPENSTEP

DHA

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2014
UPS delivery slip said 13.8kg on my 27" that arrived yesterday. The outer cardboard box has no handle to carry it.

jerwin

Suspended
Jun 13, 2015
Yeah, I recall trying to walk out of my my best buy carrying an imac 27 for the miles long walk home. I was damn lucky, that some kind soul offered me a ride home. Glad I wasn't robbed, and it didn't rain, and so on. There is a handle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.