Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mailhojo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2001
I'm trying to understand why we don't have an iMac capable of running iDVD. I know you need a DVD-Burner, but then Apple should have just come out with DVD Pro for now and wait until they can produce an iMac capable of running with a G4 and a DVD burner. I personally would rather be able to do this on a cheaper iMac using iDVD than using DVD Pro. Isn't Apple trying to put movie making in the hands of your average Joe like they did with desktop publishing. Don't get me wrong, I think they are moving in the right direction. I just think it's too expensive right now to create this for your average consumer. When do you guys think iDVD will be moved to the iMac - where it should belong!!!??

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
i don't really understand what you are trying to ask us? are you saying you just want to create a file that can be written to a dvd and watched on a dvd player?? the only way you would be able to burn it is with a $700 external burner, and those aren't even compatible with macs. besides, idvd is almost a waste. it's so boring. you barely have any options for creating with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.