Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

serialtoon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
1 of 8 bits
First of all, hello everyone. Thanks for the support in this issue that has been plaguing me since upgrading to Mojave. Here are my system specs:

• iMac 5K 2015 (17,1) 1TB SSD, 32GB RAM
  • macOS Mojave
  • Apple Keyboard and Magic Trackpad 2

Ive been having an issue where the bluetooth firmware keeps crashing from time to time. Its at very random times but seems to be more in line with when any device with bluetooth starts scanning for devices. But even then it doesn't happen consistently but it does happen 2-3 times a day and sometimes even more. It renders all my devices useless as the controller reboots itself and starts again.

I downloaded the Apple BT toolkit to setup and scan for issues and the main one that comes up is as follows.

(null) connection failed, status: 0x10

Error getting HCI transport info: E00002D7

Error getting HCI transport info: E00002D7

HCI Controller terminated; module unplugged or firmware reset/crashed.

(null) connection failed, status: 0x1F

It does this for a few moments, up to a minute and then regains connection to all my devices. This issue cropped up during the later beta's of Mojave and up to release this past week. I have tried all the usual (SMC,PRAM,Reinstall OS,Unpair BT devices,Reset BT via Debug menu) and nothing seems to help.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I recently switched over from Windows 10 to full time macOS after 30 years of using a PC and this issue is not helping Apples case in why to switch.

I also have logged all the errors via the Hardware IO Tools provided by Apple on their Dev site.

Thanks!

serialtoon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
1 of 8 bits
For me, it happens whenever I plug a USB device in.

Bluetooth dies, then returns a minute or two later.
Most annoying.
You know what, i have a Satechi docking station with 3 USB 3 ports and 2 sdcard slots. I unplugged it since yesterday and so far no crashes. Im guessing USB is bugged since they use the same interface according to System Info

serialtoon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
1 of 8 bits
For me, it happens whenever I plug a USB device in.

Bluetooth dies, then returns a minute or two later.
Most annoying.
For what its worth, i unplugged all USB devices like i stated earlier and just now it Bluetooth crashed again. This is very annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.