Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rosecroft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2015
hello, I have a iMac g4 model M6498 15 inch. I stripped it down, got the monitor wires all set. But I have two questions, one the wires for the monitor are different colors than the videos ive seen, and two, for the power supply what kind of ATX PSU should I use. On a video the guy said use an 'old Atx PSU.' But what model? what voltage etc. thanks to all!

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I can't picture an ATX PSU fitting. If your PSU is dead. I'd look into a vintage computer recapping service. If you don't want to solder new capacitors yourself.

Rosecroft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2015
I can't picture an ATX PSU fitting. If your PSU is dead. I'd look into a vintage computer recapping service. If you don't want to solder new cacitors yourself.
I know I looked. They all look to big. I was either going to use the original power supply or would something like this work?

Attachments

• 61n1oqdh5dL._AC_SL1001_.jpg
    61n1oqdh5dL._AC_SL1001_.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 46

Rosecroft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2015
I can't picture an ATX PSU fitting. If your PSU is dead. I'd look into a vintage computer recapping service. If you don't want to solder new capacitors yourself.
I see what he did. the ATX is on the outside of the G4

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.