Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VitoJr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2018
IMac M3, Inateck iMac Hub, New WD 5 TB usb-c 3.1 external drive and 4 tb Seagate usb 3.0 extrnal drive for Time Machine back ups.

Have been setting up my iMac M3 and have experienced some serious problems. Most recently I received error messages (100092 100043) when trying to copy files as well as deleting files.

Yesterday I realized a number of files and folders were missing from the WD external drive, and then I realized that app 90% of the files that should have been in the trash were missing.

I quickly unmounted all external drives from the hub, restarted the iMac after connecting directly to the computer. The files were still missing from the WD but app 20 more files appeared in the trash (80% still missing)

Have an appt with 2nd tier Apple support on Thursday.

Has anyone had similar ssues with the iMac M3. What about with an Inateck hub/ and or with external drives.?

Any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Vito

kagharaht

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2007
I have something similar "Satechi USB C Slim Dock for 24” iMac". It has a 2TB SSD in there and I have a 2TB Seagate HDD for Time Machine. I did not get any error or issues with it. I then attached two 8TB Seagate HD with built in Hub and it didn't want to recognize those but I never got errors. They just didn't mount even after shutdown or resboots. Satechi recommend plugging these two directly on the iMac and it works fine that way. I also have a 12TB Seagate that I plug in and out when I need to transfer stuff there to save, and the Satechi Recognized is fine with no issues. I also tried 16GB flash Drive and 16GB Sandisk SD cards all working with no errors. So for experiment I grabbed my other two 5TB WD portable drives and plugged it in and no issues or errors. I then grabbed my USBC 1TB SSD that's in a OYEN Enclosure and no issues also. Perhaps that Inateck is faulty? Have you contacted them?

VitoJr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2018
Thanks for the reply and glad you have a sold working system. No I have not yet contacted Inateck_…I plan to contact them after my call with Apple.

The confusing part for me is the Inateck connected fine to all of my drives and sd card.

Retroworldnews

macrumors member
May 19, 2019
I using migrated assistant to transfer from old iMac to new iMac. Seem ok so far. I also just got my M3 iMac but is default version I never opt in any upgrade as my work is not intensive need a fast mac. My only complain is weird come typing and the track pad as I opt in for track pad instead the mouse. @kagharaht in another thread suggest me disconnect the keyboard and trackpad and connect back via cable. Seem ok I also update the latest version of the OSX.

One thing I just discover gee when I plug out the cable , keyboard is ok but come trackpad is very tight hard to plug out. I have to grad my cloth to hold the cable carefully plug out. I not sure how you and other trackpad is while plug in the cable to charge , is it hard to plug out?

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Try:
- disconnecting the hub completely for now
- don't connect the backup drive (yet)
- try connecting the WD drive (only).
Does this help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.