Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crypto_Dino

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 11, 2021
Hello i have an 21,5 inch imac from mid 2010. To be exact i have 2 and i wantet to upgrade the gpu in one of them. The imac i use already did get upgraded with a modded nvidia quadro k2100m so it wouldnt be hard to put the gpu in. The reason why im asking here is because i found a Nvidia Tesla M6 with 8gb gddr5 video ram. Now im not sure if it works in this modell. Did anyone try something like that before? and did it work?
Please tell me and sorry for my bad english

Attachments

• nvidia tesla m6 mxm.jpg
    nvidia tesla m6 mxm.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 171

Ausdauersportler

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2019
Is there any other card then that has more than 2gb of video memory
Check out the link in my signature, it leads you directly to our great iMac GPU thread. There are complete tables of all supported GPU.

The best choice is a AMD Radeon WX 7100 8GB - unfortunately impossible to find - writing for an iMac12,2 Mid 2011 with such card....

I have a another card (a relative), the AMD Radeon RX480 4GB, which works perfectly in your iMac11,3 Mid 2010. Nearly the same performance...

Last edited:
Reactions: Crypto_Dino

Crypto_Dino

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 11, 2021
Check out the link in my signature, it leads you directly to our great iMac GPU thread. There are complete tables of all supported GPU.

The best choice is a AMD Radeon WX 7100 8GB - unfortunately impossible to find - writing for an iMac21,2 Mid 2011 with such card....

I have a another card (a relative), the AMD Radeon RX480 4GB, which works perfectly in your iMac11,3 Mid 2010. Nearly the same performance...
Ah thank you :)
But does the 8gb card really work in a 21,5 inch modell? Many people said it needs to much voltage

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.