Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swamesp

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
Somewhere on Earth
Hello All,

New to Mac world and an intro about me. I would be buying 13" MBP in a week or so. So I have no idea about the apple machines.

My brother is graduating in about two-three months and he is looking to buy a computer. He already has DELL Inspiron. The computer (iMac or Mini or MB) will be used by him (occasionally) and mostly by dad.

There is no need for mobility and reason why MB is in discussion is because of its latest upgrade. Please let me know which should I choose? The lower version of iMAC or Mini and a monitor (non-Apple) or MB? Any help on this is highly appreciated.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
His usage is pretty important... I would get iMac as it's only couple hundred $ more than Mini with all peripherals. The screen is IPS and very good so Mini with crappy TN would be worse.

swamesp

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
Somewhere on Earth
Ok thanks guys.

I know this question is difficult to answer but will the new iMAC have iX processor in it, if the latest update is only a spec related?

I have seen some of your replies in other posts that the earliest upgrade is WWDC, if not when could it happen.

aiqw9182

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
Ok thanks guys.

I know this question is difficult to answer but will the new iMAC have iX processor in it, if the latest update is only a spec related?

I have seen some of your replies in other posts that the earliest upgrade is WWDC, if not when could it happen.
Yes, the new iMac will almost definitely get Clarkdale i3 and i5 processors which are a fairly big jump over the current Wolfdale Core 2 Duo chips being used. The GPU options will also be better.

I'm not expecting WWDC although it is possible, it will likely be a silent update sometime after WWDC where they update the store on a random date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.