Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

igorpreston

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2018
Just curious what are your thoughts on the possibility of future iMac Pro release in silver color?

mikehalloran

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2018
The Sillie Con Valley
We'll know in less than a week.

I highly doubt it, however. Apple seems committed to their 50 shades of something that they call Space Grey.

That the color is so inconsistent is a running joke among every Apple engineer I know. My iPhone 7+, iPad Pro 12.9" and iPod Touch 6 are three different shades and the differences aren't subtle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Icaras

Porkchop Sandwich

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2017

I highly doubt it, however. Apple seems committed to their 50 shades of something that they call Space Grey.

That the color is so inconsistent is a running joke among every Apple engineer I know. My iPhone 7+, iPad Pro 12.9" and iPod Touch 6 are three different shades and the differences aren't subtle.

And the laugh is on them b/c they clearly have no real concept of manufacturing in the metal industry...just sayin'

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
They really ought to sell a silver finish of the iMac Pro, as well as a space gray version of the regular iMac.

It could be difficult to distinguish the two if they both had color options, but I think if they redesigned the consumer iMac then it’ll be fine.

Hoping to see next week: a redesigned iMac with silver and space gray options and maybe an iMac Pro in silver.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueTide

SecuritySteve

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2017
California

Funny, my iMac Pro, 2018 MacBook Pro, and Apple Watch all have the same shade of space grey ...

Edit: I wish I could get a car in this color.

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
Ah, the space gray color is there only to make it "unique", I guess.

They might change their mind later. Especially if they release standard iMac in Space Gray.

I have always hated that space gray color, though. I wish Apple gave us more choice with Macs, just like with iPhone XR.

Reactions: BlueTide

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Ah, the space gray color is there only to make it "unique", I guess.

They might change their mind later. Especially if they release standard iMac in Space Gray.

I have always hated that space gray color, though. I wish Apple gave us more choice with Macs, just like with iPhone XR.

It would be nice, just like the olden days of the first iMac and iBooks. I could only see them considering XR color options for the MacBook, Mac mini, and the iMac though.

iTurbo

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
It could be classic beige for all care (sorta cool in a way), but yeah, hopefully larger screen/smaller bezels and the most current tech.

fathergll

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2014
Give me something as close to black as possible. Silver is distracting if you decided to watch something like a movie in darkness.

BlueTide

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
One (not the only one) reason that detracted me from iMac Pro was that it wasn't silver / aluminum. I mean, it's a toy for me so I'd rather have it match my deco like a normal iMac would.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.