Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThatSandWyrm

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2017
Indianapolis
Looks like there was an update the iMac Pro's Vega drivers in this last system update.

Pleasingly, I can now use my Vega 64 for all of the operations in Photoscan without crashing, and I haven't yet run into the disappearing menu bars bug. However, in looking at my processing times, the Vega 64 is (for computation) performing almost exactly the same as the RX580 that I have attached to the iMP in an external enclosure. But at least I can run them together and almost exactly double my processing speed for GPU tasks.

Anyone else notice any pre/post update differences? Any areas where performance is better or worse than it was?

Mac32

Suspended
Nov 20, 2010
What update is this? Don't have any update in App Store here.

Bootcamp is the worst. At present time we have to force-update (DDU) a Radeon RX 580 driver in the Adrenaline software to get Bootcamp to work decently, obviously having a proper driver for the AMD Vega Pro would be better for performance. Apple's included GPU driver for Vega Pro 56/64 in Bootcamp is a joke.

ThatSandWyrm

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2017
Indianapolis
What about Bootcamp? We have at present time use the Radeon RX 580 driver in the Adrenaline software to get Bootcamp to work, obviously having a proper driver for the AMD Vega Pro would be better for performance. Apple's included GPU driver for Vega Pro 56/64 in Bootcamp? It's a joke.
Sorry, I don't use bootcamp. I have a duel GTX1080Ti PC for gaming/VR and Windows-only 3D work. If my Windows software isn't performance-critical, I run it in a VM on the iMP.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.