Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

one armed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2015
Hi everyone,

Since I upgrade my Imac for Yosemite 10.10.3, the machine is really slow to shut down. It needs 5 minutes and I've got the wheel during this time. I did a lot of researches for this issues and I did some unsuccessful action :

- I upgrade it for 10.10.4
- I reset the PRAM, repair the disk & the permissions
- I use Onyx with no success
- I choose my hard drive as starting disk in the preference panel
- I do a clean delete of parallels tools (I use vmware but I've got some parallels files)

Anyone has an Idea ? I'm pretty stuck with this issue and it started to p*** me off. Thank you for your help.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Hi everyone,

Since I upgrade my Imac for Yosemite 10.10.3, the machine is really slow to shut down. It needs 5 minutes and I've got the wheel during this time. I did a lot of researches for this issues and I did some unsuccessful action :

- I upgrade it for 10.10.4
- I reset the PRAM, repair the disk & the permissions
- I use Onyx with no success
- I choose my hard drive as starting disk in the preference panel
- I do a clean delete of parallels tools (I use vmware but I've got some parallels files)

Anyone has an Idea ? I'm pretty stuck with this issue and it started to p*** me off. Thank you for your help.

Have you tried checking the HDD SMART data to make sure the hard-drive isn't corrupted? It's unlikely but worth a check as it doesn't take long at all. Anything other than 'passed' means it'll need to be replaced. I use SMART Utility, which can be downloaded here.

one armed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2015
Hi, Thanks ! For this utility, my HDD is ok, all is green. I tried to start in safe mode but when I restarted it was soooooo long :(

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
Hi, Thanks ! For this utility, my HDD is ok, all is green. I tried to start in safe mode but when I restarted it was soooooo long :(

Try creating a new user account and reboot. Login to the new user and try to shutdown. Does the long delay still happen?

one armed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2015
FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUND !!!!!!!!!

I've got 2 adobe plist in the launchAgent case, not the one in Macintosh HD but the one in my home case. I delete them and so it's ok. Thanks for your help :)

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUND !!!!!!!!!

I've got 2 adobe plist in the launchAgent case, not the one in Macintosh HD but the one in my home case. I delete them and so it's ok. Thanks for your help :)

Glad you found what was causing the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.