Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moreplease

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2024
I have the described iMac and live in Europe.

It came with 8 GB of RAM and a 1 TB Fusion drive (hard disk drive plus small portion of fast SSD). However, I upgraded the RAM to 64 GB from Crucial and installed a 1 TB Samsung 860 PRO. I also kept the “Fusion” SSD and formatted it for use: it has about 28 GB of space but is of course very fast.

Since this iMac model isn’t designed to be opened by the user, the upgrade was an involved process involving careful application of heat and new adhesive strips. I know I did a highly competent job, but of course the buyer cannot know that (and I personally wouldn’t touch an iMac cracked open by a stranger).

Pretty much perfect condition, never gave me any problems, some keys on the Apple Magic Keyboard are visibly worn, machine is still supported by Apple for latest macOS upgrades.

Any idea what this might be worth on the used market? I can’t even begin to guess.

icemantx

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2009
I have the described iMac and live in Europe.

It came with 8 GB of RAM and a 1 TB Fusion drive (hard disk drive plus small portion of fast SSD). However, I upgraded the RAM to 64 GB from Crucial and installed a 1 TB Samsung 860 PRO. I also kept the “Fusion” SSD and formatted it for use: it has about 28 GB of space but is of course very fast.

Since this iMac model isn’t designed to be opened by the user, the upgrade was an involved process involving careful application of heat and new adhesive strips. I know I did a highly competent job, but of course the buyer cannot know that (and I personally wouldn’t touch an iMac cracked open by a stranger).

Pretty much perfect condition, never gave me any problems, some keys on the Apple Magic Keyboard are visibly worn, machine is still supported by Apple for latest macOS upgrades.

Any idea what this might be worth on the used market? I can’t even begin to guess.
Based on completed/sold eBay sales, I would imagine you would end up with somewhere in the $500-700 range.

Moreplease

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2024
Thanks. That’s more than I thought if I thought anything at all … though I guess it would mean shipping an iMac, because I live in a small city. I still have the original Apple box, so that’s not out of the question.

Reactions: OldLogan0101
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.