Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
My Mac is stuck on the update screen that has the Apple logo, loading bar, and a loading circle. This occurred during the update to the latest High Sierra beta. Ive attempted to restart which had no effect. Ideas on how to correct this are much appreciated.

wsuschmitt

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2017
I ran into this myself yesterday. I tried restarting it in Safe Mode (wait for chime, hold Shift key until you see the Apple and release) and then reinstalling.

No dice... when it went through to update it told me that it can't install to a disk that is encrypting. I never asked for the disk to be encrypted... but when I went to System Preferences and looked under FileVault... it said it was encrypting!!!

As of last night, the disk had over a day before it was going to be fully encrypted. I'll find out tonight...

nekton1

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2010
Asia
If you are a registered Public Beta user, please use Feedback Assistant to report this to Apple. The more bug reports they get about graphics (and other) problems, the better.

My Mac is stuck on the update screen that has the Apple logo, loading bar, and a loading circle. This occurred during the update to the latest High Sierra beta. Ive attempted to restart which had no effect. Ideas on how to correct this are much appreciated.

Reactions: Dr Kevorkian94

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
I ran into this myself yesterday. I tried restarting it in Safe Mode (wait for chime, hold Shift key until you see the Apple and release) and then reinstalling.

No dice... when it went through to update it told me that it can't install to a disk that is encrypting. I never asked for the disk to be encrypted... but when I went to System Preferences and looked under FileVault... it said it was encrypting!!!

As of last night, the disk had over a day before it was going to be fully encrypted. I'll find out tonight...

I was able to go to recovery then just boot from my regular HD. After that it installed/ finished installing the update with no problems.

timothyabbott

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2017
Same thing happened to my iMac. Solved this by performing First Aid in disk utilities.

Overall I've found 10.13 terribly unreliable...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.