Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Inverness

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
I just bought myself a 20" iMac (with integrated isight model) as a Xmas treat and now Apple goes and release the Intel iMac which is 3x Faster!!! :eek:

I am so tempted so get myself the new intel iMac but what the hell do i do with my old one. I can't possibly sell it on ebay. judging from the bidding prices, i'm going to suffer a massive loss!!

I bought the machine the first week of Dec, can i still exchange it for the new intel iMacs??

Anyone in the UK going through with the same thing??

I was thinking i should just upgrade the Ram to the Max on my current iMac and call it a day, i'm not sure if the new intel iMacs are worth the hassle of me selling and buying again.!!:confused: afterall technology comes and goes...i just didn't expect it to be this quick!

pinto32

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2003
PA
your not really missing out on anything right now. Hell, until more programs are intel-native, your better off with a G5 anyway. 12 months from now, it will probably be a different story, but for now you shouldn't be sorry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.