Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MissElby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2009
My problem lies with my built in airport card of my imac G5. I know the wireless network is working because i am using that now on my ibook.

I was using the Internet earlier today no problem but now the imac picks up my network and neighbour's network for a second before disappearing again.

If it manages to stay as an available networks long enough for me to run network diagnostics it tells me to restart the device (which I have done several times) but I don't see how this could help seeing as the same network is working on my ibook.

Saying that the signal does keep going up and down on the ibook. Could the problem be the signal strength not getting to the imac? What I don't understand is both machines are pretty much the same distance away from the wireless hub (which is ntl)

I suppose what I'm asking is does anyone know what I can try to fix the wireless to get the Internet or does it sound like my wireless card is malfunctioning. I have had the imac for a good few years.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.