Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacParis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2003
Paris, France
Hi,

I am planning to buy an iMac and like the idea of ordering it with the wireless Mighty Mouse and wireless Keyboard.

Is this a reliable and hazzlefree solution? I mean, what are comments from people using the wireless Mighty Mouse and wireless Keyboard?

Also, is the changing/recharging of the batteries a big downside? I plan to get rechargable batteries.

FYI: the iMac would be my home computer, so I'd mainly use it in the evening and on the weekend.

Thanks!

Chef Medeski

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2005
New York, NY
I use my PB with BT MM and Keyboard. I must say that you shouldn't worry. They are great products with plenty of range and reliability. The batteries last for months, so I wouldn't worry too much about charging being a hassle.

Well... everything is good except the Mighty Mouse its very disappointing. My right-click doesn't work all the time. The mouse doesn't move fast enough for me either. If I had known it would be such a troubling mouse, I wouldn't have paid full price for it and would have just waited. I really love the mouse when it works 100%.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Also, is the changing/recharging of the batteries a big downside? I plan to get rechargable batteries.

I use rechargables with my wireless Mighty Mouse. Not really a big deal - every few weeks you have to swap them out. Just be sure to buy four, so you can always have two ready to go in the charger.

I've had good luck with both Energizer and Duracell rechargables. The Energizers seem to be rated to last longer (currently AAs are 2500 milliamp hours).

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC
I haven't used the wireless, but i did think of getting it. I like the idea of the extra usb ports on the wired keyboard.

Chef Medeski

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2005
New York, NY
If you don't need the extra right click. I would suggest a regular wireless mouse. They are cheaper and work more often. I end up having one of my mighty mouse most of the time anyway.

michaelsaxon

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
Coming from Windows and Logitech mice, I'm having some difficulty adjusting to the MM. The right click doesn't seem to work for me as well as I'd like, it doesn't track all that smoothly, and it feels less ergonomic in my hand. I do like the little tracking ball, but I've heard it gets dirty easily and gums up the works.

I have my G7 laser mouse on standby if I don't get used to the MM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.