Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nikki097

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2014
USA
Hi! I am new to the forums and would appreciate a quick reply :)

My Imac has 4 accounts on it, and one of them will not allow me to log in. After I put in the correct password, it starts loading as if it will log in, then goes to a gray screen and sends me back to the main login page with all four accounts. Strangely, only that one has problems. The others seem to work fine. How do I fix this?

Last edited:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Hi! I am new to the forums and would appreciate a quick reply :)

My Imac has 4 accounts on it, and one of them will not allow me to log in. After I put in the correct password, it starts loading as if it will log in, then goes to a gray screen and sends me back to the main login page with all four accounts. Strangely, only that one has problems. The others seem to work fine. How do I fix this?

Try doing a safe mode boot into that account. Safe mode bypasses any login or startup items that might be causing trouble. Then you can look at what login or startup items are running in that account that are not running in the others that may be causing this.

Nikki097

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2014
USA
Try doing a safe mode boot into that account. Safe mode bypasses any login or startup items that might be causing trouble. Then you can look at what login or startup items are running in that account that are not running in the others that may be causing this.

Thanks! This was perfect. Turns out that account needed an OS X update and a restart.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.