Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danny0rah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2016
I am a beta tester and the latest update will not install AT ALL. I have done everything I can think of to fix it, but nothing.

Spankey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
NJ
Are you getting any error messages and if so, what are they?

How is the health of your hard drive and how old is your iMac?

nikolajlh

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
I have experienced same problem I think. I'm enrolled in public beta and updated up until beta 2 but for some reason beta 3 won't install

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
I am a beta tester and the latest update will not install AT ALL. I have done everything I can think of to fix it, but nothing.

Then why don't you get the direct links from apple's developer forums? There are alternative methods to install in those forums which can be useful when the normal method doesn't work.

Danny0rah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2016
I have experienced same problem I think. I'm enrolled in public beta and updated up until beta 2 but for some reason beta 3 won't install

Does your update also have the OX Lion Icon and only say "macOS" instead of how the others have shown as "macOS Sierra." I thought that was strange was well.
[doublepost=1475699438][/doublepost]
Then why don't you get the direct links from apple's developer forums? There are alternative methods to install in those forums which can be useful when the normal method doesn't work.

I haven't thought of that! I'll give it a go. Cheers!
[doublepost=1475699653][/doublepost]
Are you getting any error messages and if so, what are they?

How is the health of your hard drive and how old is your iMac?

No error messages. Clicking the "update" button just hightlights as if it was clicked, but nothing happens. My hard drive health is very good and my iMac is a 2015.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.