Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RolleR85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2017
Tarragona
Hi everyone!
First of all, I am Spanish, and I'll do everything possible to write as best I can in English.
I have an iMac: (21.5 inches, late 2012), 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16Gb Ram DDR3 and GeForce GT650M 512Mb, SSD 120Gb and HDD 1TB.
I explain a little everything I did:
- I undid the fusion drive, because the mac was slow and I wanted to try it with SSD only. I formated the SSD to apfs, and the HDD to HFS+ (this is the best formatting options?)
- I installed the mojave from zero to the SSD, I deactivated the csrutils (SIP) to be able to move the user to the HDD with the terminal command "sudo mv".
- I installed the programs like word, istat, tuxera, switchresx, etc, everything I had previously with high sierra.
- I put "never put the hard drives in repse" in economizers's menu, as I have always.
- When I turn off the screen (shift + control + eject) or turn off alone with time, the imac goes from 50-60º (a temperature already high compared to High Sierra) to about 97-100º, even the fans go up revolutions.
- Then Safari goes slow too, especially when loading pages, and when it is most noticeable is when I close it completely (cmd+Q), which stays up to 1 minute thinking with the color wheel.
I don't know what can be, so yesterday I went back to do the installation of mojave from zero.

Well, again from zero, I install only istat to see temperatures, it seems that without doing anything else, when I put the screen to sleep, temperatures do not rise.
Now I do not know what to do, move again the user tothe HDD user? is that maybe the slowdowns of safari are given to the user is on the HDD and it is slow (maybe 5600RPM?)? or I leave the user in the SSD and only put the photo library and the music library in the HDD?
What do you recommend?

Greetings, sorry for the big big writing and thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.